Just as anything we use tends to get old and outdated, such applies to cars too if they are not properly used and maintained, they undergo and tear and wear factors.
Most people think that a car wears out from driving too many miles. While that can be true, it is only part of the story and high mileage alone doesn’t mean much to a professional mechanic.
AutoReportNG compiled 10 reasons why you car develops tear and wear quickly
1. Age: As a vehicle gets older, its components naturally start to wear out due to usage and exposure to elements such as heat, cold, moisture, and dirt.
2. Mileage: The more a vehicle is driven, the more wear and tear it will experience. Components such as tires, brakes, suspension, and engine parts will wear down over time.
3. Maintenance: Failure to properly maintain a vehicle can cause wear and tear to accelerate. Neglecting oil changes, brake inspections, and tire rotations can cause premature failure of these components.
4. Driving style: Aggressive driving habits such as hard braking, rapid acceleration, and speeding can put extra stress on a vehicle’s components, causing them to wear out faster.
5. Environmental conditions: Exposure to harsh weather conditions such as extreme heat, cold, rain, snow, and salt on the roads can cause corrosion and rust on a vehicle’s exterior and undercarriage.
6. Road conditions: Driving on rough roads or unpaved surfaces can cause wear and tear on a vehicle’s suspension, tires, and undercarriage.
7. Weight: Carrying heavy loads or towing heavy trailers can put extra stress on a vehicle’s engine, transmission, and suspension, causing them to wear out faster.
8. Fuel quality: Poor quality fuel can cause engine components to wear out faster due to contamination or poor lubrication.
9. Manufacturer defects: In some cases, manufacturing defects in a vehicle’s components can cause premature wear and tear, resulting in failure of these parts.
10. Age-related degradation: In some cases, even if the vehicle is not driven or used, materials can start to deteriorate with time, and this can cause components to wear out and fail.