Traveling by air for the first time? These tips will help you
2) Ensure you get to the airport on time. Be there at least an hour before your flight. Domestic flights usually require you to check in before 45 mins to your flight but since this is your first time try to get there earlier than that.
3) On getting to the airport, go straight to the stand for your service provider to verify when check-in would begin for your flight. If you are there an hour before departure, the chances are that they have already begun.
4) Do not forget your means of identification and your booking ref. For online reservations, you can print out your online booking form. These would be needed to secure your boarding pass.
5) Try to travel light, if you must travel with all the bags and baggage in Nigeria, be prepared to pay extra. Hand luggage can be carried aboard the plane.
6) Creams and any liquid substance may not be permitted on board if they are not securely wrapped and sealed. Items like needles or any sharp objects ain’t allowed.
7) After getting your boarding pass, go straight to the departure lounge. You can ask the ticketing officer for directions.
8.) Ensure you listen attentively to the announcer in order not to miss when your flight is expected to take off. There are usually two warning calls and the final call for boarding. The announcer would normally call on the airline name and then the Plane number. This is written boldly on your boarding pass.
9) In the plane, an Air hostess would usually guide you to your seat location (though this should be on your boarding pass), how to put on stuff like a seat belt, life jackets, and general safety tips.
10) Always ask questions when in doubt. It would help to be close to someone experienced and boarding the same plane with you. Don’t form ‘Mr. Know it all’.
11) Remember to relax and enjoy your trip.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login