Nigerian used cars are often priced at ridiculous low price especially when its being used by a fellow Nigerian.
There could be several reasons why Nigerian used cars may not be sellable for a good price. Here are some possible reasons:
- Age and Condition: Nigerian used cars may have higher mileage and be in poorer condition than cars in other countries, making them less desirable to buyers.
- Maintenance and Repair: Due to the lack of proper maintenance and repairs, Nigerian used cars may have more mechanical problems and require more repairs, which decreases their value in the market.
- Availability of New Cars: The availability of new cars in Nigeria has increased in recent years, making used cars less desirable to buyers.
- Import Taxes: The high import taxes on used cars in Nigeria make them more expensive and less competitive in the market, leading to lower demand and lower prices.
- Perception: The perception that Nigerian used cars are often stolen or have a history of accidents may affect their value in the market.
It’s worth noting that not all Nigerian used cars are low in value, and some may still fetch good prices depending on their age, condition, and maintenance history.